With the arrival of Netflix and Amazon filming in France, actors must now master their game more and more in English.
Successful casting in English extends the scope of your acting talent is the objective that we have fixed.
Casting can be compared to a job interview, likewise the casting the casting director to an director of human resources. Unlike a director of human resources, the casting director will not check your diplomas.
He will test you on many points without even telling you about it. see if you’re playing fair ? surely not ! that being the least of the actor s courtesies.
He will test your techniques , your tonic accent, your flexibility, your speed and sound volume, your face placement on camera, your understanding of the role, your adaptability, your ease and more ! but all this, no one has ever taught you, nor in French and even less in English. the casting is however the passage obligatory to get the slightest role and therefore the slightest contract.
This is why Mon coach Academy by the RVH groupe, an approved training organisation, has set up this internship so that your talent does not suffer from certain shortcomings concerning the difficult exercise of casting. the trainers are among other things, active casting directors, they transmit to you their knowledge and skills.
Profils des stagiaires
- Speak English fluently
- Learn texts
- Have already acted on stage or in a movie
- Have a good knowledge of actors techniques.
- Gain self confidence.
- know how to place the tonic accent.
- Learn to adapt quickly to the expectations of casting directors.
- Ability to learn texts especially for casting.
- Learn to manage no reply.
- Take position in front of the camera.
- Develop your own sense about improvisation
- learn to introduce yourself on camera.
- Learn how make a self tape.
Contenu de la formation
- Desacralization of casting: the actor’s job interview.
- Casting mechanisms to better understand them.
- Legitimacy during a casting.
- stress management.
- The sense of listening to meet the expectations of the casting director.
- Flexibility in the face of directives from a casting director…
- Tonic accent.
ABILITY TO LEARN TEXTS FOR CASTING.
- Forget the text, live it.
- The flat text.
- Acting without reply.
ALONE IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA..
- The positioning of the actor.
- Voice placement.
- The camera field of vision and gaze.
- Placement of eyes on the replica.
THE UNEXPECTED, THE EVIDENCE CASTING.
- Contingency management.
- The field of action of the actor.
THE PRESENTATION, THE MOST CASTING.
- Present yourself in front of the camera.
- Presentation time management.
- The usefulness of going out, of exchanging the actor for the human.
LEARN TO MAKE A SELFTAPE.
- How to position the camera.
- Learn to choose your takes.
- Pure self-tape lighting technique.
- How to send your Self-tape.
Organisation de la formation
Active casting directors:
These 6 casting directors are confirmed but can be replaced in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Moyens pédagogiques et techniques
- Accueil des stagiaires dans une salle dédiée à la formation.
- Étude de cas concrets sur textes de casting existant (Théorie & pratique).
- Jeu de l’acteur.
- Mise à disposition en ligne de documents supports à la suite de la formation.
Dispositif de suivi de l’exécution de l’évaluation des résultats de la formation
- Feuilles de présence.
- Mises en situation de casting.
- Formulaires d’évaluation de la formation.
- Grille d’évaluation.